Watch the video and annotate the left side of the packet. Read your textbook and take additional notes on the right side. Due on December 12th
1) Collect :
Rise of a World Power Study Guides
U.S. Entry into World War I Graphic Organizer
2.) Rise of a World Power Exam
3.) Introduction to the 1920s
4.) Homework: Youtube Video Notes:
1) Youtube Quiz: Wilson Fights for Peace
2.) Rise of a World Power Jeopardy
Rise of a World Power Study Guide
Watch this Video and Take notes. Remember to Click "Like"
COMPLETE YOUR UNIT STUDY GUIDE
- Watch the video and take notes on the left side of your packet.
- Read the pages in the textbook and take notes on the right side of your packet.
1) World War I Begins Homework Check (graded)
2) Small Group Discussion: What were the causes of World War I?
3) Cracking the Code Activity (Graded): U.S. Entry into World War I
- Code activity
- Reading and group discussion
4.) Homework: Take notes on U.S. Entry into World War I Explained video
1) Class Discussion: What do you think about the protests?
2) What were the causes of World War I?
b) Graphic Organizer
•Study the information in the chart.
•As a group DISCUSS how these things helped contribute to World War I
•Compete the fill in the blank
•On the back of the paper:
–Militarism helped contribute to WWI because
1) Class Discussion: Election 2016
2) Socratic Seminar: The Character and Values of Theodore Roosevelt
3) Read pages 372-376 and take notes. What were the causes of World War I
2.) Examining The Presidency of Theodore Roosevelt
- Roosevelt and the Panama canal notes
3.) Presidential Values: Group Activity
•Read and annotate the various primary sources. Do not just highlight the text. Engage with the reading.
•Select at least 8-10 quotes from the reading that demonstrate the values / principles / character of Theodore Roosevelt. Write down your thoughts in the margins. Do you agree? Disagree? Why? Are these values still held by people today?
1) Finish Spanish American War Political Cartoon Activity
2) Group Primary Source Activity: “Why do you think some American soldiers brutalized Philippine insurgents?”
-Discuss and analyze primary sources
-Complete graphic organizer
-Debate the question
3) Complete "Rise of a World Power" reading and annotations
4) Watch and take notes: Mexico
Quiz on Monday. Anything from the "Rise of a World Power" packet.
1) Spanish American War Notes / Activity
2) Analyzing Political Cartoons of the War Against the Philippines
3) Complete chart
This page is intended to highlight class activities and assignment due dates.