1) Class discussion: Analyzing the Consequences of the Industrial Revolution
2) "America's Century: Seeds of Change" video notes
3) Progressive Era reading and graphic organizer
4) Read Pages 306-308, 313-315. Take reading notes on right side for slides 1-4
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Watch video and annotate left side of slides.
1) Unit Jeopardy Review
2) Industrialization Exam
3) Analyzing the Consequences of the Industrial Revolution Activity
1) Quiz: American Labor Movement
2) Immigration: Here I Stand Debate Activity
3) Immigration Notes
4) Read “The New Immigrants” pages 254-259-Take notes
- After taking notes complete the section 1 assessment Questions 1-5
2) American Labor Movement: Reading and Questions
1) Homework check: Carnegie article
2) The U.S. Commission of National Monuments Debate
Objective: How should we judge the life of industrial business leaders like Andrew Carnegie?
Andrew Carnegie Debate Activity
3) Homework: Read pages 244-249 and add additional notes to your Industrial Revolution slide packet (slides 17 & 18)
1) Industrial Revolution Shark Tank Pitches
2) Captains of Industry or Robber Barons Activity
3) Homework: Carnegie article annotations
1) Review Unit 1 Exam
2) Notebook check
3) Choose your assignment:
a) Work on Shark Tank pitch
b) Read pages 241-244 and annotate slides 12-16
1.) Do Now: Create a graphic organizer that breaks down the reason industrialization occurred. See below.
2.) Unit 2 Video Annotations. Work with a partner to get the big idea about the industrial revolution. Annotate the left side of your unit packet. Video link below.
3.) Shark Tank: Second Industrial Revolution Edition. Presentations on Tuesday
4.) Homework: Read pages 236-240. Annotate the right side of slides 4-10. Align your notes from the text to the information on the slides.
Unit 2 Reading Schedule
Read pages 236-240 / Slides 4-10
- Unit 1 Exam
- Unit II: The Industrial Revolution
- Industrial Revolution Big Picture Activity:
Watch the video & annotate. Annotate your slides as you watch the video. Annotations from the video should be on the LEFT SIDE.
Read pages 230-233. Annotate slides 3 & 11 on the RIGHT SIDE of the slides.
Read the assigned sections of your textbook.
Add additional notes to the right side of the packet.
Make sure you understand the content.