2.) Vietnam War Debate Project
Remember, you can use any information that was available to President Lyndon Johnson as of the Summer of 1965. This includes analysis of historical events such as the Chinese Civil War, Korean War, Containment in Europe, Cuba, etc. The key, how is it relevant to your position regarding Vietnam. Don't forget to consult your textbook pages Pages 728-740 for more information on the war in Vietnam up until 1965.
3.) Project is due on ???.
a) 8-10 minute performance presentation. This is a hard time limit. Do not go over or under. Practice!
b) Q&A with President Johnson
c) Cross examination / debate round
Link to Google Docs:
Click the Line or copy & paste link in your browser.
4.) Recommended planning:
- Examine your option and task.
- identify the main points you would like to make
- Gather supporting evidence: Part 1 Reading, Part 2 Reading, textbook, internet research, and Option info sheet
- think creatively- how you will present this information in the 8-10 minute time frame.
- construct your presentation
- practice like crazy